The TechKewl Phase Change Dog Cooling Vest is a professional cooling vest that is ideal for working dogs (police, military, search and rescue, agility, schutzhund, dogsport, etc.) or any K9 that is exposed to temperatures or conditions that would inhibit the dogs work or safety. The vest provides hours of cooling comfort and heat stress prevention using the TechKewl Phase Change Cooling Material to maintain a constant cool temperature of 58F around your dog.
• Ideal for working dogs (police, military, etc) or K9's exposed to temperatures or conditions that would inhibit the dogs work
• Outer Material is 100% Cotton
• 58F/14C Cool Pax™ are great for all climates, activates quickly and will last for hours
• Color: Blue
• Sizes: M, L, XL
• Extra Cool Pax Inserts Available
The TechKewl Phase Change Dog Cooling Vest uses a unique Phase Change Material (PCM), a non-toxic chemical that freezes at 58F and stays at that temperature for 2-3 hrs. PCM absorbs heat away from the dog. This is not a ice pack device which uses frozen ice packs to cool. With PCM there is no ice burn, condensation, fluctuating temperatures or most importantly discomfort from the cold. The Cool Pax inserts are non-toxic, non-flammable, durable, reusable, lighter than water, does not produce condensation and releases long-lasting, temperature specific (58 F, 14 C), cooling relief for your dog.
Overview of Important Facts on Cooling with PCM:
• PCM is 30% lighter than water
• PCM freezes at 58F (14C)
• Water/Gel Based freeze at an uncomfortable 32F
• PCM provides “comfortable” constant cooling
• Water/Gel Based cooling can cause ice burns, vasoconstriction, and condensation.
• PCM has No risk of ice burns or condensation
• Water/Gel Based does not conform to the body and has sharp, uncomfortable corners
• PCM cooling duration: 2-3 hrs
• Water/Gel Based duration: only 1 hr
• Water/Gel Based activation: 1.5+ hrs ( can only be activated in freezer)
• PCM activation: 45 mins in freezer, fridge or ice water (no electricity)
• PCM delivers targeted temperature of 58F (14C)
• Water/Gel Based only available temperature is 32F
Sizing Your Dog: Sizes are determined by the length of the dog's back. Measuring from the base of the neck to the base of the tail.
Medium - Length 13-16 inches - One Cooling Pack
Large - Length 17-20 inches - Two Cooling Packs
XLarge - Length 21-24 inches - Three Cooling Packs