In the interest of complete transparency as to what improvements we’ve made we have provided a brief description of what has changed, the reason why, and changes to the products’ appearance that might be observed. How do these changes affect the quality of the products you, our customers, have grown to trust? In each case, the information below provides evidence as to how we have materially improved the performance of our products. Did we make changes to cut corners and increase profit? NO, in every product we upgraded, the changes actually increased both production and packaging costs.
is our flagship product. The following improvements were made to increase its performance and benefits for your dog.
• Changes in Appearance: Color is slightly darker; brown vs. tan
• Changes in Texture: Powder is “fluffier”
• Taste, Look and Smell: The updated Show Stopper formula is a significant improvement on the old formula. Right out of the box, the updated Show Stopper,® has a darker color and richer smell. The flavor profile is more robust, as well. The old Show Stopper had a cereal / bran flavor while the updated formula hits the palate with a much stronger chicken flavor. The result of these updates is not only increased health benefits, but also a significant improvement in palatability.
• Chicken is now our number one ingredient not chicken meal or chicken byproducts just real edible chicken made for humans. Chicken is an easily digestible protein for dogs, rich in B Vitamins.
• We added coconut oil as a source of Medium Chain Triglycerides. Coconut oil can protect against coat damage and it conditions the skin.
• In order to be in line with the guidelines from AAFCO and the NASC, we removed Creatine.
• We increased the amount of whole egg we used by over 5 times. The fatty acids in eggs offer numerous health benefits, including an improvement in skin and coat health. Eggs can reduce flaky, dry skin, as well as increase the shine in your dog’s coat.
• We reduced our Rice Bran to levels supported by research to provide the maximum benefit.
• We changed the overall formulation of our fats, while maintaining an optimized ratio in our product. We reduced the amount of chicken fat, beef fat, and safflower oil. We increased Olive oil, Camelina oil, and added Cod Liver oil. This significantly increased the Omega Fatty acid content while improving the ratio of Omega 6 to Omega 3. These changes can help with reducing inflammation and improving overall skin and hair health.
• We increased our plant based antioxidant levels dramatically (approximately 5- 10X) through the addition of ingredients like powdered carrot, blueberry, tart cherry, beet juice, & broccoli sprouts. Antioxidants can help in reducing seasonal allergies, support a normal inflammatory response, and improve overall skin condition.
• We added Icelandic Kelp. Dogs with skin irritation problems as a result of allergies, dogs with dry skin, or dogs that are suffering from alopecia (hair loss) can benefit from kelp. It is rich in vitamins and minerals and the protein is easily digestible, so your dog will absorption key amino acids.
• We added prebiotics: fiber that supports key intestinal bacteria.
• We increased Probiotics and Digestive enzyme levels. We are using the same ingredients, just a more effective level.
• We reduced Salt and Potassium levels.
• We added Vitamin E. Minor Vitamin E deficiency is associated with conditions that cause dry, itchy, and flaky skin. One such condition caused by Vitamin E deficiency is canine atopic dermatitis, a severe allergic skin reaction caused by contact with an irritant.
• We added lutein. Lutein has been shown to improve skin hydration, elasticity and lipid content.
• Finally, we replaced Silicon Dioxide with Rice Concentrate as a flowing agent to reduce clumping. Rice concentrate is made from rice hulls and provides a new all-natural solution for this function.